REFRESH YOUR SKIN FOR FALL!
The fall season is here, which means everyone who spent a little too much time in the sun this summer may benefit from a peel to give their skin a younger, refreshed look.
Medium depth chemical peels like The Perfect Derma Peel provide deep exfoliation to reveal healthier, clearer skin underneath, but its up to you to maintain those results. To help you do just that, we’ve put together a handy guide of tips and daily habits that will help extend your peel benefits as long as possible between peel treatments.
Note: These tips are suggestions to help you get the most out of your chemical peel, but are not meant to replace instructions during your treatment. Please follow your doctor’s individualized instructions
These post-peel tips can be implemented once your skin is completely healed.
1. Use the right home care products for your skin: If you’ve been getting by with using just any facial cleanser you find at the end of the beauty aisle, it may be time to upgrade your skin care products. Make sure you pick up a gentle, thorough cleanser without harsh chemicals to keep your skin free from impurities to prevent breakouts, blemishes and clogging of pores. Don’t let the fresh skin look like your old skin!
2. Daily Sun Protection: After a peel, you have fresh, beautiful and sensitive skin exposed and easily susceptible to damage. Avoid and minimize sun exposure, and wear sunscreen no matter what – whether it’s rainy or sunny, your skin needs protection! Those UVA and UVB rays can creep up on you when you least expect it.
Bonus: Cover up with a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses for extra protection.
3. Continue addressing the skin issues you got the peel for in the first place: Did you peel to correct hyper-pigmentation? Try The Perfect Bleaching Cream (https://www.theperfectdermapeel.com/product/the-perfect-bleaching-cream/) Was your primary goal to even skin tone and texture? Ask your doctor if The Perfect A can be added to your regimen (https://www.theperfectdermapeel.com/product/the-perfect-a-cream/).
Are you hoping to see brighter, more youthful skin? The Perfect C (https://www.theperfectdermapeel.com/product/15718/) is exactly what you need! The entire Perfect Skin Care line was formulated to work with The Perfect Derma Peel, so ask your doctor to help you choose the correct products to amplify your results based on your specific skin goals.
4. Keep your new skin glowing! Exfoliation is one of the easiest ways to keep your post-peel skin in good shape. Of course, this step should occur after you have recovered from your peel and never while peeling. There are several ways you can do this, including a mask, a light facial scrub or deep cleaning with a skincare brush such as the Clarisonic (http://www.clarisonic.com/). Pick whichever way works best for you, as long as you exfoliate at least once a week, as it helps contribute to cell turnover to minimize imperfections. By lightly exfoliating the top layer of skin, you’re removing dead skin cells which can inhibit proper absorption of skincare products. Properly exfoliated skin looks brighter, smoother and more hydrated.
5. Golden Rules for healthy skin: Don’t forget the golden rules of skin care: a good diet, plenty of water, exercise and proper daily care.
6. Peel, Maintain & Repeat: Schedule another peel! Luckily, medium depth peels can be applied monthly for several months if needed, and then repeated every 3 – 6 months for significant improvement for common issues like chronic acne, acne scars and melasma.
7. Visit your dermatologist: Only your doctor or medical skin care professional can give you personalized advice to help achieve your skin goals. See what your dermatologist recommends for your skin, and check in at least once a year to address any changes.
chemical peel, exfoliating, skin, skin care, The Perfect Derma Peel
Peel away summer skin damage
Originally posted on: www.theperfectdermapeel.com
Say goodbye to dry spotted skin and hello to brighter smoother skin!
With warm, longer summer weather and outdoor activities comes the possibility of more sun damage. Did you wear your Mineral Perfection SPF 30 sunscreen everyday? How about staying out of the sun during peak hours 10am – 4pm? If not, you may have gotten some skin damage the past few months. Some hard evidence may include new freckles, sun spots and a darker skin tone. There is also a chance for fine lines and thickening of the skin, especially if you spent time sunbathing.
First step: Meet with your skin care professional. An occasional check up with your dermatologist is important for maintaining healthy skin. A visit after the hot summer season is especially important, and your doctor can suggest a variety of treatments available to address sun damage.
Second step: Undo the damage. Once you’ve identified
any changes in your skin with your doctor, consider what treatments could help improve your skin. Common summer skin damage includes skin discoloration and fine lines. From home care treatments such as exfoliating or medical office treatments like a chemical peel, there are plenty of options to get your skin looking gorgeous again.
Here are some easy ways to help repair summer skin damage:
If you’re as eager as we are to get a quick skin fix before the next season settles in, book your skin check up now! Use our handy medical skincare office locator to to book an appointment near you. Medical spas and Dermatologists will be filling up with that patients looking to bounce back to healthy skin this fall, so make sure you don’t wait too long!
chemical peel, dermatology, fall season, perfect peel, skin damage, summer skincare, sun spots, The Perfect Derma Peel
What I Wish I Knew About PRP Treatment
In the past few years, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) has become a popular treatment for combating the signs of aging. It’s a non-surgical option that utilizes cutting-edge technology and techniques to create visible improvements in the skin.
But what is PRP, how does it work, and what results can you expect? These are questions people may wish they’d asked before trying this state-of-the-art treatment — so we’ll answer them for you in this post.
How PRP treatment works
Platelet Rich Plasma treatment is designed to help your body repair damage using its own substances — specifically, the blood.
The plasma within your blood is made up of platelets, rich in growth factors. Plasma itself consists of glucose, clotting factors, proteins, and hormones.
PRP involves taking a sample of blood from your arm as you would for any standard blood test, and separating the platelets in a centrifuge. This spins the blood at very high speeds to cause the platelets to shift away from each other.
The separated plasma is removed and prepared to be injected back into the body, in one or more target areas. As the plasma releases growth factors, it stimulates and boosts the number of cells performing repairs within your skin.
As a result, PRP treatment can lead to enhanced elastic and collagen production — making your skin more elastic, firmer, and youthful. That’s why it’s used commonly to:
PRP treatment is commonly used to enhance the appearance of the skin on the face, hands, and neck. However, it suits other needs, too:
What should you expect during your PRP treatment?
First and foremost, there’s no need to worry about discomfort during PRP therapy — there’s little to none. This is a simple procedure based around injections, and we use the safest, latest equipment for your total peace of mind.
The risks of experiencing any side effects as a result of your PRP therapy are incredibly slim, but we want you to be aware regardless. As PRP is an autologous treatment (relying on substances taken from you directly), the danger of experiencing an allergic reaction as you might from certain other medications is significantly reduced.
Other side effects may include:
Again, you’re unlikely to be affected by any of these, but we want to draw your attention to these potential side effects and help you make an informed decision.
What will happen before my PRP treatment?
It’s crucial that you know exactly how your PRP therapy will unfold, from the moment you step into the treatment room to the moment you leave. We’ll discuss the process with you at length during your consultation, and determine whether PRP therapy is the right option for you based on your goals, health status, etc.
However, typical recommendations for anyone preparing to undergo our PRP therapy include:
Certain recommendations may vary from one case to another, but generally, we advise you to follow the steps discussed above.
How long will my PRP treatment take?
Your PRP therapy session should take no longer than an hour and a half, though it may run longer or shorter (so allow at least a couple of hours, just in case).
Typically, it takes around half an hour to take a sample of your blood and process the platelets, preparing them to be reinjected into your system. Another half hour or so may be required to inject them and bring the treatment to a close, though it could take less time than this.
We’ll be able to offer a more accurate timeframe during your consultation, but use the above as an approximate guideline when planning your schedule.
What happens after my PRP procedure?
The average recovery time after a Platelet Rich Plasma injection tends to fall within three or four hours, but it could vary from case to case. You may experience some swelling, tenderness, or bruising shortly after the injections, though they will pass fairly quickly.
If you want to minimize any swelling or bruising that might occur, apply cold packs to the treatment areas gently. Avoid washing these areas for at least 24 hours, and stay out of direct sunlight. Skip hot showers and baths, too.
You should allow the treatment area(s) to rest and recover immediately after your PRP therapy. You will likely be able to continue with your usual or planned activities following your session, such as going back to work (unless you have a physically-exerting job) or shopping.
Over the following weeks, you should notice positive changes to the skin in the treated areas. This may include tighter skin, less-visible wrinkles, and a better appearance overall.
We’ll provide you with any further advice on the day of your treatment, and will be available to answer any questions you may have.
That brings our post on what you need to know about PRP treatment before you try it for yourself to a close. We hope it answers all of your questions, but if not, you know where to find us.
Ready to book your own PRP therapy session or just want to learn more about your options? Get in touch with our team today!
Dedicated and passionate Astra Medicare staff.